• English
  • 中文
图片展示

Five conventional misunderstandings about the consumption of caterpillar fungus (Cordyceps sinensis)

 

图片展示

Misunderstanding #1: Taking the powder produced by crushing the caterpillar fungus with a small mill

The high temperature generated during the processing by a small mill will cause the loss and destruction of the essence of the caterpillar fungus, reducing its efficacy. Without sterilization and the proper removal of sediment residue and excessive heavy metals, the powder produced by a mill poses great health hazards, and is prone to becoming moldy, degraded, or ineffective.

Misunderstanding #1: Taking the powder produced by crushing the caterpillar fungus with a small mill

 

The high temperature generated during the processing by a small mill will cause the loss and destruction of the essence of the caterpillar fungus, reducing its efficacy. Without sterilization and the proper removal of sediment residue and excessive heavy metals, the powder produced by a mill poses great health hazards, and is prone to becoming moldy, degraded, or ineffective.

图片展示

Misunderstanding #2: Chewing several caterpillar fungi after infusing them

This method is unhygienic and harmful to health. Pathogenic bacteria, mold, parasites (eggs) are not killed in the process. It is difficult to clean the caterpillar fungi to remove the sediment residue and excessive heavy metals! The human body can only absorb limited quantity of the essential ingredients of the caterpillar fungi by drinking water after infusing them and chewing them. In order to really take in adequate amount of the active ingredients, a few caterpillar fungi per day are far from enough! Chinese Pharmacopoeia recommends a daily dosage of 3 to 9 grams. Traditional Chinese medicine experts have pointed out that for the purpose of health promotion and body nourishment, a daily dosage of less than 3 grams is basically ineffective (3 grams is equivalent to about 10 caterpillar fungi of medium-size); for people with disease, a daily dosage of 10 to 30 grams is necessary. Due to the limited rate of absorption, a sufficient number of caterpillar fungi must be taken to obtain effective results.

Misunderstanding #2: Chewing several caterpillar fungi after infusing them

 

This method is unhygienic and harmful to health. Pathogenic bacteria, mold, parasites (eggs) are not killed in the process. It is difficult to clean the caterpillar fungi to remove the sediment residue and excessive heavy metals! The human body can only absorb limited quantity of the essential ingredients of the caterpillar fungi by drinking water after infusing them and chewing them. In order to really take in adequate amount of the active ingredients, a few caterpillar fungi per day are far from enough! Chinese Pharmacopoeia recommends a daily dosage of 3 to 9 grams. Traditional Chinese medicine experts have pointed out that for the purpose of health promotion and body nourishment, a daily dosage of less than 3 grams is basically ineffective (3 grams is equivalent to about 10 caterpillar fungi of medium-size); for people with disease, a daily dosage of 10 to 30 grams is necessary. Due to the limited rate of absorption, a sufficient number of caterpillar fungi must be taken to obtain effective results.

图片展示

Misunderstanding #3: Taking three or five caterpillar fungi after stewing them every day

Heating of the caterpillar fungi over 60 °C will damage a variety of their essential ingredients, depriving them of their activity; Cordyceps polysaccharides have immunomodulatory and antitumor effects when they are in the form of macromolecules, but heating and soaking in water for a long time will lead to the hydroly-sis of the polysaccharides, reducing the size of the molecules, which in turn causes the decline or even disappearance of their effectiveness.

Misunderstanding #3: Taking three or five caterpillar fungi after stewing them every day

 

Heating of the caterpillar fungi over 60 °C will damage a variety of their essential ingredients, depriving them of their activity; Cordyceps polysaccharides have immunomodulatory and antitumor effects when they are in the form of macromolecules, but heating and soaking in water for a long time will lead to the hydroly-sis of the polysaccharides, reducing the size of the molecules, which in turn causes the decline or even disappearance of their effectiveness.

图片展示

Misunderstanding #4: Eat the caterpillar fungi directly after washing them

Dirty caterpillar fungi without proper packing must not be eaten directly at room temperature before in-deep cleaning and sterilization! The dirt on the surface of a caterpillar fungus is closely attached to the sticky scum on the surface, and there are also lots of "dirty things" hiding in the folds of the caterpillar. It is difficult to remove the Pathogenic bacteria, mold, parasites (eggs), sediment residue and excessive heavy metals even by brushing. Soaking and brushing for more than 3 minutes will lead to the loss of more than 50% of some essential ingredients, reducing the effective-ness.

Misunderstanding #4: Eat the caterpillar fungi directly after washing them

 

Dirty caterpillar fungi without proper packing must not be eaten directly at room temperature before in-deep cleaning and sterilization! The dirt on the surface of a caterpillar fungus is closely attached to the sticky scum on the surface, and there are also lots of "dirty things" hiding in the folds of the caterpillar. It is difficult to remove the Pathogenic bacteria, mold, parasites (eggs), sediment residue and excessive heavy metals even by brushing. Soaking and brushing for more than 3 minutes will lead to the loss of more than 50% of some essential ingredients, reducing the effective-ness.

图片展示

Misunderstanding # 5: Moldy caterpillar fungi are still edible after some processing

The fact is moldy caterpillar fungi are ineffective and likely cause cancer! Moldy substances are highly toxic, and the toxins cannot be removed by simple heating or alcohol treatment, not to mention washing or exposure to sunlight. Studies have shown that aflatoxins produced by mildew are potent carcinogens and are ten times as toxic as potassium cyanide and 68 times as toxic as arsenic. Only high temperature above 280 °C can destroy aflatoxins.

Misunderstanding # 5: Moldy caterpillar fungi are still edible after some processing

 

The fact is moldy caterpillar fungi are ineffective and likely cause cancer! Moldy substances are highly toxic, and the toxins cannot be removed by simple heating or alcohol treatment, not to mention washing or exposure to sunlight. Studies have shown that aflatoxins produced by mildew are potent carcinogens and are ten times as toxic as potassium cyanide and 68 times as toxic as arsenic. Only high temperature above 280 °C can destroy aflatoxins.

11111

111

11

添加微信好友,详细了解产品
使用企业微信
“扫一扫”加入群聊
复制成功
添加微信好友,详细了解产品
我知道了